This year, I decided to “bring it on” by adding every month a new awesome accomplishment in my life. The goal is to try to push myself by doing something out of the normal, to get an achievement/recognition, to start a new habit or anything concrete that can improve my professional or personal life. It can be also be something simple for someone, but that is totally out of my zone of conform. All this to try to push me to the next level and try to do something outstanding. Some objectives can start one month and continue until the end of the year and other can be a one shot deal.
I decided to start this project last month, but I am serious and want a full year of amazing months. Therefore, my first objective count for January and so on, so I had some catch up to do which was easier than expected since my year started pretty solid.
Here is my monthly accomplishments:
- January : Publish a book on Asp.Net MVC/Entity Framework/Azure
- February: Changing Job from Microsoft VSTS to Microsoft Teams
- March: Start working on an online TypeScript course (to be finished by June)
- April: Secret project that I invested now, but that I’ll reveal in December and will continue in 2018.
Bonus #1: Start reading 1 book a month that is not related to programming language for a total of 12 for this year.
Bonus #2: I received an award from Microsoft because I fulfilled a second patent as a sole inventor.
Bonus #3: I received an award from Microsoft because I fulfilled a third patent as a sole inventor.
- May: Start to write a private journal where I must write 15 minutes (~500 words) every two days. The goal is to think reflect on what went well and not. Also, a way to meditate in time of struggle. I am using the platform Penzu (https://penzu.com/). I wrote above 15000 words and everyday for May.
Bonus #1: I filled a forth patent as a sole inventor with Microsoft.
- June: Interview with Netflix, got an offer and accepted this one.
Bonus #1: I filled a fifth patent as a sole inventor with Microsoft.
Bonus #2: I filled a sixth patent as a sole inventor with Microsoft.
- July: Move to California.
Bonus #1: Switch from Microsoft’s ecosystem to Apple’s ecosystem.
Books read so far (April objective):
- 📖 Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
- 📖 Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
- 📖 No fear, No Excuse. What you need to do to have a great career
- 📖 Maximize Your Potential: Grow Your Expertise, Take Bold Risks & Build an Incredible Career
- 📖 Patton: Blood, Guts, and Prayer
- 📖 Trump, The Art of the Deal
- 📖 Chaos Monkeys Obscene Fortune and Random Failure in Silicon Valley
- 📖 Self-Editing for Fiction Writers, Second Edition: How to Edit Yourself Into Print
- 📖 Unstoppable: 45 Powerful Stories of Perseverance and Triumph from People Just Like You
- 📖 Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike
I’ll update this post every month! Looking forward to get an awesome year!!!